Application for Graduation
Students should submit an Application for Graduation to the Office of the Registrar no later than the end of the add/drop period one semester prior to all degree requirements being completed. The application is available on myPBA, under the Students tab, on the Commencement page.
To locate the online application:
- Go to: https://my.pba.edu/ICS/Students/Commencement.jnz
- Log into myPBA.
- The "Application for Graduation" is highlighted. Click the link, in the window, to get started.
Baccalaureate Graduation Requirements
It is the student's responsibility to see that all graduation requirements are met. To receive the Baccalaureate degree from Palm Beach Atlantic University, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the General Education Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts, the Bachelor of Science, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or the Bachelor of Music degrees or the General Education Area Requirements for the Bachelor of General Studies Degree.
- Completion of a minimum of 120 hours, including all major and minor/concentration (as applicable) requirements or the professional studies area concentration for the Bachelor of General Studies Degree. Majors and minors/concentrations vary with respect to requirements of specific courses and total hours.
- Completion of the last 32 credit hours at PBA.
- Completion of an approved program of study.
- Completion of at least one-third of the program of study requirements at PBA.
- At least 42 semester hours must be in courses numbered 3000 or above. (Note: Bachelor of Music students, 33 semester hours.)
- Maintenance of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average on all college coursework and a 2.0 cumulative grade point average on all coursework in the approved program(s) of study. A "C-" or above must be earned on all courses in the approved program of study, inclusive of all major, minor, and concentration requirements. Note: Refer to the Departments of English and School of Education , as they require higher GPAs.
- Completion of Chapel and Workship requirements, as applicable.
- Submission of an Application for Graduation to the Office of the Registrar no later than the end of the add/drop period one semester prior to all degree requirements being completed. Approval by the faculty for graduation.
- Discharge of all financial obligations to the university.
- Applicants who apply for graduation and fail to meet the above requirements by the specified projected graduation date will be deferred to a later semester.
Regardless of academic achievement, a student on disciplinary probation may not graduate from PBA until the probation has been removed.
A student must have completed all degree requirements, as well as fulfilled any Chapel or Workship obligations, prior to degree conferral. It is expected that all coursework will be completed at the end of the semester in which commencement is held. Students with 6 hours or less outstanding may request to participate in commencement.
Commencement ceremonies for Palm Beach Atlantic University are typically held on the weekend immediately following final examinations of the spring semester and the weekend immediately following final examinations of the fall semester. It is expected that all candidates for graduation will participate in Commencement ceremonies.
No diploma will be released if there are any holds on the student's record. All Business Office and Financial Aid obligations must be cleared as well.