Program Learning Outcomes
“Expected student learning outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program.” Page 69. Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 2018.
1. Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from the liberal arts, sciences, humanities, Christian faith to support ethical decision making for optimal health outcomes.
2. Advocate healthcare policy at all levels to improve patient and community health outcomes.
3. Collaborate with leaders in nursing and other disciplines to improve the quality of professional nursing practice, outcomes, and the healthcare system.
4. Synthesize evidence-based practice, organizational leadership, and technology to support quality improvement in clinical prevention and population health.
5. Practice advanced nursing for complex populations.