Program Learning Outcomes
“Expected student learning outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program.” Page 69. Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 2019.
1. Students demonstrate a broad based theoretical, artistic and technical knowledge of established techniques through the possession of proficiency in movement structure, analysis and skilled execution.
2. Students demonstrate articulation of their craft through verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills.
3. Students demonstrate an understanding of the role of dance from a historical and cultural perspective.
4. Students develop a unique artistic voice, intellectual skills and methods of inquiry through the reasoning, critical/abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. Students demonstrate their ability as skilled artists to perform and/or create dance as a creative and expressive form.