Feb 06, 2023
120 Credit Hours
To be eligible for temporary certification a student must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited or approved institution and meet the guidelines required by the Florida Department of Education.
Students may seek Florida certification after the following steps are completed:
- Apply to the state for certification: http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/ The state will send you a Statement of Eligibility.
- Schedule a Subject Area Exam if indicated on your Statement of Eligibility: Florida Teacher Certification Exams: http://www.fl.nesinc.com/
- Complete additional requirements listed on your Statement of Eligibility.
Program Learning Outcomes
“Expected student learning outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program.” Page 69. Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 2018.
- Internship: All Health and Human Performance majors will successfully complete an internship outside or inside of PBA in their chosen field.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in assessing the components of health related fitness.
- Improved facilities and equipment for experiential learning - Continuous improvement in the Health and Human Performance Lab to enhance the Exercise Science student’s hands-on experiential learning, technical skills in the lab setting and technology related experiences.
Conferral of a Baccalaureate degree in this program of study is determined by successful completion of the Baccalaureate Graduation Requirements outlined here .
NOTE: Students must earn 42 upper level (3000-4000) credit hours in order to graduate. A total of at least 21 of these upper level credit hours must be completed in the selected major.
Visit this program’s information page for additional program-specific requirements.
Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) - 43 Credit Hours
The Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Science, Mathematics, Physical Education, Social Science and Global Studies requirements are fulfilled through other courses in this major. Only 30 of the 43 credit hours of the Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Program will still be required for the completion of this program.
Physical Education Major - 82 Credit Hours
Professional Education Preparation Requirements - 27 Credit Hours
Physical Education Courses - 48 Credit Hours
Fulfills the Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Physical Education - HHP 1061 Lifetime Fitness - requirement.
Biology Courses - 4 Credit Hours
Mathematics Course - 3 Credit Hours
Additional Required Credit Hour - 8 Credit Hours
This additional hour may be fulfilled by a minor, second major, general electives taken concurrently, previous coursework taken at PBA or through transfer credits.
^ Optional - this course is needed to receive ACSI certification