Feb 06, 2023
125 Credit Hours
Students may seek Florida certification after the following steps are completed:
- Apply to the state for certification: http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/ The state will send you a Statement of Eligibility.
- Schedule a Subject Area Exam if indicated on your Statement of Eligibility: Florida Teacher Certification Exams: http://www.fl.nesinc.com/
- Complete additional requirements listed on your Statement of Eligibility.
Program Learning Outcomes
“Expected student learning outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program.” Page 69. Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 2018.
1. Develop future art educators who demonstrate knowledge of professional education practices.
2. Develop future art educators who demonstrate knowledge of art education practices.
3. Develop future art educators who demonstrate various teaching abilities/skills.
4. Students demonstrate competencies for creating and presenting studio and/or graphic art.
Conferral of a Baccalaureate degree in this program of study is determined by successful completion of the Baccalaureate Graduation Requirements outlined here .
NOTE: Students must earn 42 upper level (3000-4000) credit hours in order to graduate. A total of at least 21 of these upper level credit hours must be completed in the selected major.
Visit this program’s information page for additional program-specific requirements.
Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) - 43 Credit Hours
The Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Fine Arts, Global Studies, and Social Science requirements are fulfilled through other courses in this major. Only 35 of the 43 credit hours of the Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Program will still be required for the completion of this program.
Art Education Major - 84 Credit Hours
Professional Education Preparation Courses - 31 Credit Hours
Select one of the following:
Core Art Courses - 20 Credit Hours
Fulfills the Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Fine Arts requirement.
Art Education Courses - 24 Credit Hours
Elective Art Courses- 9 Credit Hours
Select three of the following courses
Additional Required Credit Hours - 6 Credit Hours
These additional hours may be fulfilled by a minor, second major, general electives taken concurrently, previous coursework taken at PBA or through transfer credits.