Program Learning Outcomes
“Expected student learning outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program.” Page 69. Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 2018.
1. Students will experience a positive life transformation during their time in the ORM program that prepares them to taking on organizational management or leadership positions.
2. Students will become practiced in the conventions of Standard Written English, including proficiency in grammar, mechanics, and syntax, and demonstrate proficiency in applying them to common forms of business documentation and their formatting. In addition, students will be able to use critical thinking to determine audience expectations, as well as recognize the purpose and basic requirements of various rhetorical situations before beginning to write.
3. Identify, clarify, and develop the student’s personal leadership style.
4. Students will be able to interpret financial statements to select the healthier of two competing firms.
5. Students will be able to demonstrate competency in discussing the advantages and disadvantages of individual versus group decision-making.
Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Requirements - 45 Credit Hours
All Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) courses* must be completed prior to beginning the Organizational Leadership (ORL) major courses OR the student must be registered for any outstanding Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) courses prior to beginning the ORL major courses. (*Exception: MIN 4153 Christian Values & Biblical Faith should be taken in the student’s final semester at PBA.)
Global Studies Requirement: Organizational Leadership majors fulfill the Faith, Roots, and Reason (General Education) Global Studies requirement through major study (ORL 4043 ).
Required ORL Major Courses - 27 Credit Hours
The following nine major courses and the additional major concentration courses must be completed at PBA. Please refer to the Degree Plans below for the appropriate course sequence.
ORL Elective Courses - 39 Credit Hours
Students should consult with their advisors to determine suitable general elective courses. In addition, elective hours may be satisfied through Professional Education Credits (PEC). Please refer to the Academic Policies for more details.