Program Learning Outcomes
“Expected student learning outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program.” Page 69. Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 2018.
1. Students will experience a positive life transformation during their time in the ORM program that prepares them to taking on organizational management or leadership positions.
2. Students will become practiced in the conventions of Standard Written English, including proficiency in grammar, mechanics, and syntax, and demonstrate proficiency in applying them to common forms of business documentation and their formatting. In addition, students will be able to use critical thinking to determine audience expectations, as well as recognize the purpose and basic requirements of various rhetorical situations before beginning to write.
3. Identify, clarify, and develop the student’s personal leadership style.
4. Students will be able to interpret financial statements to select the healthier of two competing firms.
5. Students will be able to demonstrate competency in discussing the advantages and disadvantages of individual versus group decision-making.
6. Students will understand leadership theory and concepts and develop their own unique leadership philosophy to guide leadership practice
7. Students will develop leadership competencies in areas of needs assessment, strategic planning, organizational change, multicultural competencies and the building of effective teams
8. Students will experience personal, professional and spiritual transformation over the course of the LDR program
9. Students will develop skills of effective communication by writing at the Master’s level using appropriate APA guidelines and making effective presentations
10. Students will demonstrate knowledge of Christian values and ethics in the leadership of organizations