Application for Graduation
Students are required to submit an online Application for Graduation to the Office of the Registrar no later than the end of the add/drop period one semester prior to all degree requirements being completed. The application is available on myPBA, under the Students tab, on the Commencement page.
To locate the online application:
- Go to: https://my.pba.edu/ICS/Students/Commencement.jnz
- Log into myPBA.
- The "Application for Graduation" is highlighted. Click the link, in the window, to get started.
Baccalaureate Graduation Requirements
Note: It is the student's responsibility to see that all graduation requirements are met.
To receive the Baccalaureate degree from Palm Beach Atlantic University, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of an approved program of study.
- Completion of the General Education requirements.
- Completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours, including all major and concentration (as applicable) requirements.
- Completion of the last 32 credit hours at PBA.
- Completion of all major and concentration (as applicable) courses at PBA.
- Completion of a minimum of 42 credit hours in courses numbered 3000 or above.
- Maintenance of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average on all college coursework. A grade of "C-" or higher must be earned for all courses in the approved program of study, inclusive of all major, concentration (as applicable), and specified allied course requirements.
- Submission of an Application for Graduation to the Office of the Registrar no later than the end of add/drop period one semester prior to all degree requirements being completed. Approval by the faculty for graduation.
- Discharge of all financial obligations to the university.
- Applicants who apply for graduation and fail to meet the above requirements by the specified projected graduation date will be deferred to a later semester.
Regardless of academic achievement, a student on disciplinary probation may not graduate from PBA until the probation has been removed.
Note: In no case is the completion of two or more majors or other degree requirements in the course of completing the first bachelor's degree to be confused or equated with the completion of two degrees.
A student must have completed all degree requirements, as well as fulfilled any Chapel, Workship or Business Office obligations, prior to participating in Commencement. All coursework must be completed at the end of the semester in which commencement is held. Students completing coursework during the summer semester will be invited to participate in the December commencement ceremony.
Commencement ceremonies for Palm Beach Atlantic University are held on the weekend immediately following final examinations of the spring semester and the weekend immediately following final examinations of the fall semester. It is expected that all on-ground candidates for graduation will participate in Commencement ceremonies; Online candidates are invited to attend if they are able.