Graduate & Pharmacy Catalog 2013-2014 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
The Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy
Mary J. Ferrill, Dean
- Daniel L. Brown, Pharm.D.
- Mary J. Ferrill, Pharm.D.
- Seena Hanies, Pharm.D.
- Charles Lee, Ph.D.
- Scott Mohrland, Ph.D.
- Dana Brown, Pharm.D.
- Jacintha Cauffield, Pharm.D.
- Elias Chahine, Pharm.D.
- Matthew DellaVechia, Ph.D.
- Barbara Kelly, MS
- Harm Maarsingh, Ph.D.
- Jim Mitroka, Ph.D.
- Adwoa Nornoo, Ph.D.
- Mara Poulakos, Pharm.D.
- Wagdy Wahba, Ph.D.
- Sheri Ardnt, Pharm.D.
- Keysha Bryant, Pharm.D.
- Curt Carlson, M.D., Pharm.D.
- Angela Clauson, Pharm.D.
- Erin Dorval, Pharm.D.
- Jamie Fairclough, Ph.D.
- Yasmin Grace, Pharm.D.
- Erenie Hanna, Pharm.D.
- Amy Hennenman, Pharm.D.
- Ashley Johnson, Pharm.D.
- Michele Lesé, Pharm.D.
- Marile Santamarina, Pharm.D.
- Mariette Sourial, Pharm.D.
- Krisy Thornby, Pharm.D.
- Christine Yocum, Pharm.D.
- Craig Hanson, Ph.D.
- Anne Harring, Pharm.D.
- Stephen Krull, B.S. Pharmacy
- Miriam Tawadros, Pharm.D.
- Michele Weizer, Pharm.D.
Gregory School of Pharmacy Mission Statement
“Pharmacy With Faith”
We develop servant-leaders who are patient care advocates.
The Gregory School of Pharmacy serves the healthcare needs of the public by training future pharmacists to be patient-centered advocates who promote wellness and improve health outcomes. We develop servant-leaders who are fully committed to raising the standards of practice within the profession of pharmacy by following Christ’s example of serving, teaching, and healing those in need.
Gregory School of Pharmacy Vision Statement
“Excellence With Character”
We demonstrate professional excellence grounded in Christian character.
The Gregory School of Pharmacy is distinctive in its commitment to honoring biblical values and moral principles in the pursuit of academic and professional excellence. Faculty, staff, and graduates achieve outstanding levels of performance by putting their faith into action in the following ways:
- Patient and/or student-centered advocacy
- A spirit of unity and teamwork
- Compassionate service
- Honesty and integrity
- Humility before God
- Grace under pressure
- Moral courage
Gregory School of Pharmacy Primary Goals
Develop Academic, Research, and Professional Programs
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and values necessary to effectively practice patient-centered care among culturally, socioeconomically, and educationally diverse patient populations.
- Facilitate the transformation of students from dependent to independent learners.
- Develop practice models and methods of delivering pharmacist-mediated patient care to a variety of patient populations and health care settings.
- Promote scholarly inquiry into patient-centered care as a means to improve health outcomes.
- Conduct scientific and educational scholarship and research.
- Assess outcomes of the academic, scholarship, professional and spiritual programs of the school and respond to results in order to improve outcomes.
Foster Personal, Professional and Spiritual Growth
- Foster personal and corporate spiritual development of students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Foster a passion for life-long learning and continual professional development.
- Maintain a spiritually-based, compassionate environment in which faculty, staff and students support each other with mutual respect.
- Promote active student involvement in the profession of pharmacy through regulatory affairs, membership and participation in professional organizations, and unique training experiences.
- Develop servant-leadership among both faculty and students as the standard of pharmacy practice.
- Guide students and faculty to integrate faith into one’s daily professional activities.
Provide Pharmacist-Mediated Care and Community Service to Diverse, Global Populations
- Provide pharmacist-mediated, patient-centered care among culturally, socioeconomically, and educationally diverse patient populations in a variety of health care settings.
- Organize student and faculty participation in community service projects and volunteer activities.
- Establish outreach programs to educate the public about health and wellness issues and promote healthier lifestyles.
- Provide supplemental education and training to health professionals.
- Work in concert with health care providers to ensure that a sufficient number of qualified pharmacists are available to meet the pharmacy needs of the community.
Gregory School of Pharmacy Core Values
Five core values reflect what is most important in the Gregory School of Pharmacy. We strive to base our actions and decisions on these values:
- The Character of Christ: We believe in biblical moral truth and strive for the character of Christ in all that we do. We are trustworthy people who cherish honesty, integrity, and sincerity in our relationships
- Life-long Growth and Learning: We continually seek to grow academically, professionally and spiritually, that we might become better advocates for those we serve.
- Servanthood: We model ourselves after the servant-leadership example of Jesus by extending our hands to those in need.
- A Caring Community: We display unity in Christ by reflecting attitudes of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- Academic and Professional Excellence: We put forth our best effort at all times. We honor the Lord by applying the gifts that He has given us to the best of our ability.