Sep 29, 2020
120 Credit Hours
No minor or additional major required
Program Learning Outcomes
“Expected student learning outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program.” Page 69. Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 2018.
- Internship: All Health and Human Performance majors will successfully complete an internship outside or inside of PBA in their chosen field.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in assessing the components of health related fitness.
- Improved facilities and equipment for experiential learning - Continuous improvement in the Health and Human Performance Lab to enhance the Exercise Science student’s hands-on experiential learning, technical skills in the lab setting and technology related experiences.
General Education Requirements - 43 Credit Hours
Physical Education majors must complete the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements as set out in the General Education Program with these exceptions:
- Biology I (BIO 1103 ) and Laboratory (BIO 1101 ) are required to meet the General Education Science requirement.
- College Algebra (MAT 1853 ) or higher is required to meet the General Education Mathematics requirement
- HHP 1061 Lifetime fitness General Education requirement is not required because course content is met through major coursework..
- Human Development and Learning (EDU 2133 ) is required to meet the General Education Social Science requirement.
- ESOL in Secondary Education (EDU 4273 * ) is required to meet the General Education Global Studies requirement.
Professional Education Preparation Requirements - 25 Credit Hours
Required Physical Education Courses - 51 Credit Hours
- At least 2 additional credit hours must be taken to meet the 120 credit hour requirement.
- HHP 2042 - Pilates Conditioning and Alignment
- HHP 4003 - Biomechanics
- HHP 3283 - School and Community Recreation
- EDU 3313 - Christian Concepts and Philosophical Foundations of Christian Education ^
^ Optional - this course is needed to receive ACSI certification
* Course requires first screening.